Wednesday, July 16, 2014

10!

 
July 17 2014 marks the 10th anniversary of Zentangle! That's the day when, in 2004, Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas taught their first public Zentangle class in Providence RI, USA. So, on this Planet Zentangle Day I have a few little things to share in honor of the occasion.
First, two tiles with ten for a string. In black and white is the digits '10' - the string designed by Adèle Bruno for her It's a String Thing challenge. The string on the tan Renaissance tile is the written word 'ten'.
Tangles: Aura, Black Pearlz, Crescent Moon, Knase,
Knightsbridge, Prestwood, Tripoli
 
Tangles: Beadlines, Black Pearlz, Paradox, Pearlz, Prestwood
If you haven't yet read my post about the ten tangled houses commission I did a while ago, you can see it here.

I wanted to try a tangle technique I just read about: Maryhill. I got out a pre-strung zendala tile with ten wedges and used the sections to do Maryhill. I wanted to try it using different sizes of pen nib, so I used 01, 03, 05, and 08. Shading certainly helps show off the tangle faces.

Infinite gratitude to Rick and Maria.
In my book, Zentangle scores a "10!"

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Margaret! Ten years is an excellent achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my book, Margaret, YOU score a 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my book, Margaret, YOU score a 10.

    ReplyDelete