Monday, March 23, 2015

We Love 2 Tangle!


This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending, and the honor of teaching at, We Love 2 Tangle in Calgary AB (Canada).

Organized by Sandra Chatelain CZT, the day-long workshop attracted 50 avid tanglers from Calgary, Canmore, Grand Prairie, Edmonton, Red Deer, Revelstoke, and Saskatoon. There were seven CZTs present and four of us taught something. Here's yours truly with Laura Harms and Cindy Hagen.

Laura shared her Zentangle story, parts of which I knew and parts of which I didn't. She also taught us the tangle Phicops, developed by her husband Brad.  I've done Phicops before but really 'got it' this time watching it take shape before my eyes. I'm really pleased with the tile I did.
That cool little curly thing in the corner was developed from a pattern I noticed on the wall sconces in the room. :)

Nina Klaiman showed some variations of Crescent Moon, and Cindy Hagen did the same with Betweed. Here are my tiles, Crescent Moon incomplete.

I taught two sessions. The first was variations of Paradox and Hollibaugh, including the now named tangles Morse and Windfarm. I offered my two demo tiles for the door prize table but forgot to take photos first!
That's me at the document camera preparing to teach,
and Sandra Chatelain at the mike.
The second session was half an hour about using board game piece leftovers to make strings, so it was pretty much "here's how to do it, here are 60+ boards, go to town and have fun!" See more about this idea here. I started two tiles by demo'ing pencilling some shapes, and finished them with tangles later. Here they are complete.
Tangles: Bunzo, Camelia, Finery, Jalousie,
Knightsbridge, Tipple (Caviar)
Tangles: Aquafleur, Beadlines, Black Pearlz,
Demi variation, Fleurette, Knightsbridge, Sanibelle
The event was a rip-roaring success in my opinion, and I think Sandra is looking to do it again next year!

3 comments:

  1. The day sounds heavenly and the wall sconce pattern is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was a great day and I enjoyed your sessions tremendously...sure hope to do this again next year...Cat

    ReplyDelete